Why Does God Allow Bad Things to Happen to Good People?
- II Corinthians 12:7 (NKJV)
- II Corinthians 12:8 (NKJV)
- II Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV)
- II Corinthians 12:10 (NKJV)
Dr. Aill R. Harris Jr., Pastor
It's difficult to praise and worship God when secretly we are upset with God. Job, Moses, David, & Joseph all went through bad times.
1. God is in control of EVERYTHING
Permissive will- He allows
Perfect will- He causes
2. A "bad thing" has to be defined as a anything that is beyond the capacity of the believer to directly change.
3. And people have accepted Christ as their personal Savior and are living according to his principles and precepts.
I. The Reality Of God's Presence
- Often times it takes us going through some shocking and significant things for us to realize that God is real.
II. The Realization of Satan's Destruction
- We wrestle not against flesh and blood. But in bad situations it is plainly pronounced to us that the devil is busy. And to deny the presence of the devil causes us to let down our guards. That's why we aren't praying like we ought to be praying. Not fasting like we ought to be fasting. Acknowledge that the devil is out to destroy you, and you need God!
III. The Reliance on God's Power
- Pray thoroughly. Rely on the power of God. Stop trying to fix everything for yourself. Not saying you don't have to work to better your situation but understand that you need God!
1. Through prayer- Prayer changes things. Stop making decisions before you pray. Pray and then decide.
2. Through praise
IV. The Revelation of Personal Strength
- God will take those situation and use them to help allow you to see how strong you are. You don't usually see how strong you are when things are all good, it's when you feel battered and broken that you find your strength. At the time you're going through it you may not see how you're going to come out of what you're going through your situation, but when you come out of it you are blessed and able to say, "Look at what The Lord did!"
UNDERSTAND THAT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR HIS GOODNESS!
Created 4 months ago