Your Priorities Should Align with Your Commitments
"So often our priorities can say one thing but our commitments say something different. We say our time with family is important, but how much time do we actually spend connecting with each other? We say our marriage is important, but how often do we have date nights or time alone connecting with our spouse? We say giving and generosity are important, but do we actually give? We say reading our Bible and prayer is important, but how much time do we actually spend in prayer and Bible study throughout the week? God’s priorities must become our priorities otherwise we will live double-minded. When we submit ourselves to God, we position ourselves to be in alignment with what He desires for us. It allows us to say “no” to the good and “yes” to the best."
As Christians & even non-Christians, God expect us to do His Will. We know the good things that God desire for us to do, but do we commit to them?
***WE KNOW, BUT INSTEAD:
• We know that we should help the poor & needy, BUT instead we continue to walk by them like we don't see them. CHECK(1John 3:17; Romans12:23)
• We know that we should love & treat people good, BUT instead we treat others any kind of way. CHECK(John 15:12)
• We know that prayer is the answer to our problems, BUT instead we depend on man or any other source other than the Father. CHECK(Philippians 4:6)
• We know that our tongue is a powerful tool & we should use it wisely, BUT instead we use it to curse & speak foolishness/gossip. CHECK(Psalm 34:13;Psalm 35:28)
• We know that God exists, BUT instead we rather serve idols! CHECK(Matthew 6:24; 1Corinthians 8:6)
Whatever we do lets make God our #1 priority then everything else will fall in place. CHECK(Psalm 37:4)
Let our words match our actions! Amen
Dear Father, as I come into your presence today give me the strength and power to resist the devil and everything he will use to distract me. Today I will humbly walk in your presence and allow your thoughts, your passions and your priorities to be my own. Thank you for allowing me to experience your best for my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Created 3 months ago