Sanctification & the Christ-Life
Pastor Greg Peters, 2011/07/06
Justification is visible through the believer's life by sanctification (an ongoing changed life).
1. The changed life is demonstrated by my not abusing God's grace (6:1-2)
"Super-abundance of grace must not result in super-abuse of grace"
2. The changed life is experienced by embracing the Christ-life (6:8).
- This is living that life now, not in moments.
3. The changed life is illustrated through our baptism (6:3-5).
-Luke 9; Matthew 3; Acts 2:42 - Immersion demonstrates one's relationship as a child of God.
- Some people doubt their salvation because they never moved "beyond" it. They've not validated/displayed it.
- It keeps me from hitting faith walls - things we hit because we try to handle our faith "a la carte". We skip baptism & try to move forward without it (or other important steps of obedience).
Created almost 2 years ago