12/4/11 Sunday School
Bro. Terry Wright
1. Especially during this Christmas season, we miss the point.
A. The point is that Jesus was born this season.
B. We make it about all the to-do's that we put on ourselves.
2. When we expand that to our everyday life outside this season, we miss
the point again.
A. The point for everyday life is a relationship with God.
B. We make it so busy that we can't focus on God.
3. We have to train ourselves to sit & listen to what Jesus says.
A. This is what is needed.
B. He speaks to us everyday but more so when we are gathered together
C. How do we train ourselves?
1. Part of it is having the "want to" to hear what is being said.
2. Turning to God with your problems instead of turning to many others.
3. The amount of time spent with that person working on an relationship.
4. Shutting down your mind. Stop thinking of mundane things & quiet you
5. Ask yourself if what you are doing is helping your relationship with
Created over 1 year ago