(Num 21:4-9) - Loathing God's Provision
- Numbers 21:4 (KJV)
- Numbers 21:5 (KJV)
- Numbers 21:6 (KJV)
- Numbers 21:7 (KJV)
- Numbers 21:8 (KJV)
- Numbers 21:9 (KJV)
As the children of Israel journeyed, they became discouraged. Then the people spoke against Moses concerning their journey out of Egypt and their lack of bread and food. They said they loathed the light bread (manna) being given unto to them. From there, the Lord sent fiery snakes among the people and many people died. In His mercy after Moses' intercession, the Lord instructed Moses to make a fiery serpent on a pole so that those that were bit could look at it and live (Numbers 21:7-9). NOTE: The Lord did not remove the serpents from among them.
In viewing their circumstances, here are five dangers concerning discouragement and complaining:
(1) Discouragement produces complaining.
(2) Complaining fails to acknowledge the blessings in your life.
(3) Complaining will cause you to reject God's will and assignment for your life.
(4) Complaining will spread a rebellious attitude and spirit throughout your heart and mind and in the lives of those around you.
(5) Complaining may poison your life to where it keeps you from eternal life with the Lord.
When discourage wants to set in, look up rather than looking for the areas that are lacking what you want. Delight yourself in the Lord and not provisions.
Complaining is not the will of God. Giving thanks is.
Created over 1 year ago