Lust - No ShortCuts Part Two - Rhody - 3-11-12
- Genesis 3:3 (ESV)
- Genesis 39:1 (ESV)
- Genesis 39:21 (ESV)
- Matthew 4:1 (ESV)
- Matthew 4:2 (ESV)
- Matthew 4:3 (ESV)
- Matthew 4:4 (ESV)
- Jesus was led to the wilderness to feast on the Father while fasting food
- Satan is attempting to get Jesus to doubt wether God knows best
- Is Jesus enough?
- What do I doubt and not trust Jesus for?
-This started in Eden with the snake/Eve and continues today
How to run away from lust...
1. We must not allow our circumstances tus weaken us
- Joseph overcame adversity in Gen. 39
- do we feel sorry for ourselves our trust Jesus in adversity? Is Jesus enough?
2. We must not rationalize our feelings
- Are we going to obey/submit/give or not?
3. We must not allow the end result to determine the decision
- For the 2nd time in his life Joseph loses his coat but again he keeps his character
- Things will not always go right in your life but God knew what He was doing
- God can have favor even in what seems mean/cruel to us
- Potiphar threw Joseph in jail when he should have killed him.
- Probably bc he knew his character.
- What does your character say about you? Could I resist temptation like this?
Being known as the one who will go to ridiculous measures in order to do what is right and Christ-like
Created over 1 year ago