Our Stories - Zacchaeus (Pastor Josh Satterfield)
Anecdote - Santa Tracker, Christmas Eve as a kid. Our stories make a difference in the life of our kids.
1) Zacchaeus wanted to see Jesus
Anecdote - sports broadcasting major in college, chance encounter w/ Roy Williams (KU coach). As Josh wanted to see coach, Zacchaeus wanted to see the spectacle of Jesus - so much so, he climbed a tree to get a view.
2) Jesus wanted to see Zacchaeus
He made extra effort to meal with Z, despite obstacles. The Jesus others see will becthe Jesus in me. The local church is God's solution for the needs of our society.
Pray, Listen, then Do. "Listen to God, then obey."
3) Jesus knew Zacchaeus' name, called him by name & went to where he was.
4) Jesus is more than my problem - He's greater than . . . .
If we want to impact our community, we've got to step outside our walls.
5) Zacchaeus was changed forever when he met Jesus. He had a change of heart. Compare to Luke 18:18-23 "perfect" man who walked away unchanged.
Use technology to help remind you to do that which you need to do.
6) Jesus came to seek & save the lost. We are sinning if we are not obeying Jesus' mandate to seek & save, as well. "If you are a member of this church, 'Tag - you're it!'"
If Dad goes to church, 80% chance their kids will attend church as adults (more likely, come to Christ). If Mom only, drops to 30%.
34 of the 40 people who received a direct miracle from Jesus were brought by a friend. Gallup research says 90% of Christians never lead anyone to Christ. 80% will never invite someone to church. 2/3 of unchurched say they would attend church, of someone invited them.I
5clicks.com - evangelism help-site. Oscar. ______, invited family member to church, Satterfield family faith flows from that.
Created over 1 year ago