Not even Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit until He started His ministry; Then the Spirit came upon Him and stayed:
32. And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptize with the Holy Ghost.
34. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
37. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come to me, and drink.
38.He that believes on me, as the scripture say, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.(tongues)
39. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Isaiah 44:3; Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17
John chapter 20: verse 22.And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:
Jesus had to be raised from the dead to send the Holy Spirit; The Holy Spirit is the promise of the Father that Jesus is glorified;
Luke chapter 24:49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, until you be endued with power from on high. John 14:26; John 15:26; John 16:7; Acts 1:4;
Jesus told them to wait for the filling of the Holy Spirit; Then you will have power to preach the gospel; Power to raise the dead; Heal the sick;