Winning at work
Now Laban had two daughters. The older daughter was named Leah, and the younger one was Rachel. There was no sparkle in Leah’s eyes, but Rachel had a beautiful figure and a lovely face. Since Jacob was in love with Rachel, he told her father, “I’ll work for you for seven years if you’ll give me Rachel, your younger daughter, as my wife.”
“Agreed!” Laban replied. “I’d rather give her to you than to anyone else. Stay and work with me.” So Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days. (Genesis 29:16-20 NLT)
You only live once. It's not a dress rehearsal.
You only win if you have Jesus in your life.
To win at work you have to hold on to that God given dream.
A God given dream.......
Has a birth place.
It will overwhelm you.
It will outlast and outlive you.
It will be misunderstood by others.
It is not for everyone but for someone specific.
It will require focus.
It will require obedience.
It will give you peace. Success is being at peace with yourself and with God.
It will give you hope.
It will take you through a process of waiting. Waiting time is learning time.
It is geographical.
It will unlock your generosity.
Challenges of life will make you mature and become strong!
We are not exempt from being tested just because we are Christians.
How to handle challenges
1. We must face our challenges. 2 Tim 1:7. God has not given us a spirit of fear. If you are not happy at home you cannot win at work.
2. Trace your challenges. Where are they coming from? What is making me not win at work? What are my motives? Embrace the accidental pregnancy and give it to God.
3. Place all your challenges with God. Cast all your cares unto God. Don't do all things with our own strength. Do your work as if the entire audience is heaven.
4. Grace your challenges. Whatever resource you need it is available in God. In His own time He makes all things beautiful.
........Work life balance. God first, family then the rest will follow.
.........Love your enemies. You have been placed at work for a reason.
5. Delight in your challenges. The bend on the road is not an end. Don't quit. Hold onto our God given dream for in due season you will reap. Don't throw your Leah (challenges) away. Don't be quick to discard your challenges. God can turn your mistake into a miracle. Today you can start a new venture.
Created 10 months ago