You’ve got skills. You’re motivated. You’ve got a passion to see people come to know Christ. All you’ve been missing is a place to put all of it together. Life.Church could be that place. God brings people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences here, but He does it because we all have one thing in common: we won’t stop until every person on this Earth knows the love of Jesus. Ministry might not have been the first stop on your road map, but if you’ve been praying to put your skills to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The YouVersion Team is looking for a diversely talented Jesus follower who can serve as the Product Manager for the Bible App and our growing number of other apps and platforms. With more than 360 million installs of the Bible App, 27 million installs of the Bible App for Kids, and more than a million installs of Bible Lens, the YouVersion team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to help people around the world engage with God’s Word.
The YouVersion Product Manager will have a front-row seat to a revolution in worldwide Bible engagement. If you’re a leader and motivator of talented teams who excels at setting expectations, planning, and delivering on commitments, read on to find out if you might be a good fit on our team.
- Experienced in managing technology product teams and driving innovation for a portfolio of software products
- Mindful to view all products through the lens of the end user on a variety of platforms (especially Android, iOS, voice assistant platforms, and web) and in many localizations
- Experienced with mobile app product design and user experience
- Comfortable paying attention to and keeping track of a lot of details
- Known for your strong interpersonal and communication skills (in person and in writing)
- Driven and self-motivated, yet humble and able to work with a gifted team of faith-filled coworkers
- Cast product vision, develop strategy and metrics to drive that vision, and consistently and clearly communicate to motivate team members to accomplish that vision
- Drive initiatives from start to finish, collaborating with product owners, and providing direction to project managers, designers, and software engineers
- Manage product roadmaps and ensure design of new product features and updated UX and UI
- Research new product ideas and potential features based on current market trends
- Guide products to launch by working with the YouVersion Communications and Engineering teams
- Stay aware of key product metrics and evaluate how updates are impacting those metrics
- Oversee and offer guidance to the User Support Leader
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Agile software development processes and are comfortable with sprint tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Have previous experience and success managing mobile apps with a large user base
- Thrilled by “whiteboarding” concepts and have the ability to rapidly wireframe concepts and prototypes
- Can juggle monitoring and communicating through multiple Slack channels