Software Engineering Manager – Mobile Applications
God has placed you on the earth for a reason, at this crucial moment in time. He’s given you a purpose. With the smartest tech at our fingertips and more distractions vying for our attention than ever before, the need for the Bible has never been greater. If you’re looking for a place you can combine the skills God has given you with your passion to see people engage with His Word in new ways—no matter where they are or what languages they speak—the YouVersion Team is the place to start. Come change the world with us!
As Software Engineering Manager for Mobile Applications, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on mobile applications that are used by millions daily around the world to engage in God’s Word. You’ll work alongside world-class programmers solving complex problems and striving to make the Bible accessible in every language, everywhere on earth. With over 6,000 spoken languages and the majority of the world on 3G or slower mobile connections, we’re inventing technical solutions that create a first-class Bible experience for every person regardless of their heart-language or location.
This position involves management of teams who design and deploy large-scale mobile applications.
- Own the overall Mobile Application SDLC for YouVersion’s core iOS and Android products
- Oversee the technical strategy for YouVersion mobile platforms (iOS, Android, and Progressive Web Applications)
- Supervise and mentor mobile engineers
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Mobile Engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Develop, maintain, and execute processes for mobile CI, test automation, code quality, and quality assurance
- Experienced in leading and mentoring technical teams and building successful production-scale mobile applications
- Able to execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated expertise in computer science fundamentals
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
The cherry on top:
- You can translate English into Binary
- Brewing your morning coffee requires at least seven different apparatuses, none of which are a coffeemaker
- Your root@localhost password is the chemical formula for caffeine