YouVersion expects record-breaking Bible Plan completions this Easter
Bible App creates Easter Challenge to prepare hearts and minds for the holiday
OKLAHOMA CITY (April 8, 2019)—As Easter Sunday approaches, the YouVersion Bible App challenges people to prepare their hearts and minds for the holiday by participating in this year’s Easter Challenge. Those who complete an Easter-focused Bible Plan by April 21 will earn the all-new Easter Challenge badge within the app.
During the 2018 Lent season, the YouVersion Community completed more than 130 million Bible Plan days. With this year’s Easter Challenge and the increasing number of Bible Plan completions, YouVersion expects that number is likely to jump to 160 million Bible Plan days completed during this holiday season.
“Our community uses Bible Plans to bring specific and biblical focus to things they want to explore further—like sections of the Bible or specific topics like parenting, anxiety, or, in this case, God’s love for us through the Easter story,” said Bobby Gruenewald, YouVersion founder. “This challenge is really about encouraging our community to set aside time each day leading up to Easter to reflect on what Jesus’ sacrifice means to them.”
For those interested in participating in the Easter Challenge, they can choose from more than a hundred Bible Plans including these new offerings or YouVersion community favorites.
- My Utmost for His Highest—Holy Week: My Utmost for His Highest is well-known devotional content that leads people into a deeper, more passionate walk with God. This special Holy Week edition from Our Daily Bread shares eight days of wisdom from Oswald Chambers to help people fully devote themselves to God during this holiday season.
- The Cross and Easter with Tony Evans: This Bible Plan challenges people to not simply wear the cross around their neck, but to also apply it to their lives. This seven-day devotional explores how the cross integrates into our daily lives to help people prepare their hearts for Easter.
- Passion Week from The Winning Walk: This eight-day collection of devotionals by Dr. Ed Young offers a fresh perspective on the traditional practice of the Stations of the Cross. It will encourage people to reflect on the events surrounding the betrayal and crucifixion of Jesus so they may fully remember and embrace the Passion story.
- Sacred Holidays: A Devotional Leading Up To Lent and Easter: LifeWay Christian Resources provided this devotional content that is centered around the Lent and Easter season. In this 5-Day Bible Plan, people will learn how to ask God honest questions while continuing to follow Jesus and grow in their faith.
- Easter Meditations: This Bible Plan is a collection of audio meditations from Encounter that will guide people through some of the divine events that happened during Holy Week. This four-day Bible Plan will encourage people to use their imagination as they reflect on significant moments leading up to Resurrection Sunday.
To browse through all available Easter Bible Plans, visit https://app.bible.com/easter.
Created by Life.Church, YouVersion is on a mission to help people engage with the Bible. The team designs and builds experiences that make it easy for people to integrate the Bible into their everyday lives. Since 2008, the Bible App has offered a free Bible experience that can be accessed on smartphones, browsers, voice platforms and more. The Bible App for Kids launched in 2013 and engages children with Bible stories on an age-appropriate level. The newest app, Bible Lens, analyzes objects in photos, finds the most relevant Bible verse to match, and automatically creates beautiful, shareable artwork. For more information about YouVersion, visit youversion.com.