You’ve got skills. You’re motivated. You’ve got a passion to see people come to know Christ. All you’ve been missing is a place to put all of it together. The YouVersion Team could be that place. God brings people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences here, but He does it because we all have one thing in common: we won’t stop until every person on this Earth knows the love of Jesus. Ministry might not have been the first stop on your road map, but if you’ve been praying to put your skills to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The YouVersion team is looking for a unique individual to serve as a Software Engineer. With more than 238 million installs of the Bible App and 13 million installs of the Bible App for Kids, the YouVersion team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way.
If you are excited about using technology to help people become fully devoted followers of Christ, keep reading for details.
- Great at solving large, complicated, and brain-melting technology problems
- Skilled in managing time, details, and deadlines
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- Consistently seek to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Work in warp speed and enjoy variety
- Skilled in Python, Java, C++ or other general-purpose programming languages
- Proficient in Object-Relational Database Management Systems, such as Postgres
- Have at least five years of experience working on an agile software team
- Act as key engineer on our team – planning, building, and delivering highly scalable software and services to meet the demand of our users
- Engage as an active contributor within our agile development process
- Collaborate with design, platform, and product teams to ensure the continuous delivery of high quality and reliable software
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Manage schedules and duties to efficiently meet the needs of the organization in the pursuit of helping others becoming fully devoted followers of Christ
The cherry on top:
- You can translate English into Binary
- Brewing your morning coffee requires at least seven different apparatuses, none of which are a coffeemaker
- Your root@localhost password is the chemical formula for caffeine
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.
Apply for this position